dagger's take on things
Monday, September 19, 2005
  I am that guy...
... that fell in love with you, you and you.

I am the guy whom you approached in a bookstore and totally surprised by talking to him. I am the guy who talked to you on the phone every single night for more than six months, listening to you wax lyrical about dreams and studies and parents and me. I am the guy who asked to be your boyfriend. I am the guy you rejected, only to be accepted when you leave for overseas. I was the guy that thought we could make something out of it but was taught otherwise.

I am that guy whose heart you broke.

I am the guy for whom you left your boyfriend and best friend for. I am the guy you loved over a thousand kilometers. I am the guy that gave you a ring on top of the Empire State Building. I am the guy that gave you a stuffed wolf to keep you company when you return to your home, and bought a corresponding wolf for to keep me company. I am the guy you never saw in the flesh for more than six months during a one and half year relationship, begging the question why do you need such a boyfriend. I am the guy that you cried over in the dark, missing, and pining, alone in your room. I am the guy that sees all these, even when you think I didn't, being so far away, feeling pangs of regret and hurt for bringing these upon you. I am the guy whom you shyly kissed as you enter the room after the previous night's fateful talk over the phone, and shyly kissed back because its his first time. I am also the guy who cried at the reservoir the day you said you were tired of it all, the distance and not being there for you even when I visited every holidays. I am the guy who held hope in his heart, till you killed that hope. I am the guy who doesn't know what to feel about you any longer.

I am that guy whose heart you shattered.

I am the guy who was a senior, a leader, then a friend. I am the guy that accompanied you studying into the wee hours of the night, till I couldn't stand it any longer and dozed off, leaving you to try waking me up, only to fail, and in exasperation, leave me alone. I am the guy that saw you cried and hug you whenever it happens. I am the guy you talked to as we lied beside each other in the dark, sharing secrets and gossips, pretending the events of the previous day never happened. I am the guy who saw you waiting for his call every single night, or call him if he doesn't. I am the guy that saw that smile everytime it happens, and felt something which I didn't know the nature of then. I am the guy that saw how he priorities other things ahead of you, and felt anger even when you didn't. I am the guy for whose birthday you bought and decorated a book for. I am the guy who carried you into the room when you collapsed with a high fever, and stayed up all night to cool you down even when you implored me to go rest. I am the guy that on another night, heard you gasping for breath, and stayed up all night supporting you so you could breath. I am the guy that saw you in pain and brought you to the hospital even when you didn't want to because you were scared. I am the guy you didn't see waiting outside the x-ray room in fear, wondering what's wrong with you, sick with worry and unable to get a hold of myself. I am the guy who was overcome with helplessness after you came out of the room, smiling bravely, trying not to make us worry, despite the pain. I am the guy that realised I was in love with you then, even when I knew it was him you loved, not me. I am the guy that dreamed of being the man you deserved, but knew it was only a dream after all, and never expects anything more than what we already have. I am the guy that still harbours a soft spot for you. I am the guy who just wants to remain your friend, but now that you know my feelings, can we?

I am just a guy, like so many guys and girls out there. Which of them are you?
 
Comments:
Unfortunately, these are the things which I couldn't speak to her about. Ironic huh?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Personal musings and ramblings of a self confessed weird guy who likes taking pictures when inspiration hits him but would much rather hit the road for some cycling rather than study another business or marketing textbook unless it is something that gets his interest which is a lot of things especially general knowledge stuff, Last Chronicles of Thomas Convenent theories, backpacking trips as well as the occasional booker prize winner and oh yes, PS2 when I can find the time.

Name:
Location: Singapore

Smouldering cauldron of contradictions. Loud and obnoxious.

dagger's Reading Bar

ARCHIVES
06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003 / 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004 / 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 / 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 / 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 / 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 / 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 / 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 / 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 / 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 / 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 / 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 / 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 /


Powered by Blogger twofifty.org
The Cat Welfare Society
Supported by Tomorrow.sg